reviews of useful software or equipment

Nick Thieberger thien at UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Wed Jul 23 00:22:15 UTC 2008

Dear RNLD list,

Once again I am writing to ask if anyone wants to write a review for the
free online journal Language Documentation and Conservation (
www.nflrc.hawaii.edu/ldc/) of  software or a tool that has been useful (or
not) in working with language. The deadline for the next issue will be late
September.

In the past three issues of the journal we have had reviews of Kirrkirr;
EMU; Tshwanelex; Flex; CLAN; Elan; Audiamus; LexiquePro; Fontographer and
the Fostex FR 2LE recorder.

Does anyone use Transana for transcribing? It would be good to hear how it
compares with Elan and Transcriber.

Please contact me if you would like to write a review.

Nick Thieberger
Technology Editor
Language Documentation and Conservation Journal
www.nflrc.hawaii.edu/ldc/