diacritics in Toolbox on Mac, what's the dealio?

Piers Kelly piers.kelly at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 8 03:22:11 UTC 2008

Hi there,
I'm new to Toolbox and newer to Toolbox via Mac CrossOver.

My problem is that Toolbox in CrossOver now doesn't seem to recognise
diacritics at all, such that:
\gn *dugô*
becomes
\gn *dug*

I have gone to project -> language encodings -> options -> choose font and
made sure everything is set to a unicode font (DoulosSIL) and then gone to
Advanced and made sure 'Unicode (UTF+8)' is selected. The text genuinely
looks as though it is in DoulosSIL and not some substituted font.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

I have a flimsy theory that DoulosSIL is not installed in the CrossOver
bottle (or whatever it's called) but I assume it would not appear in the
list if this were the case. Also, I can't work out how to 'install' fonts in
this way.

Any thoughts are appreciated.