Siraya petition

Margaret Florey margaret.florey at GMAIL.COM
Thu Apr 2 02:35:21 UTC 2009

Hi all,

It's great to see this discussion under way.

I thought you might also like to know that Chun Huang (who is himself
Sirayan), gave a very interesting and moving paper at the ICLDC conference
in Hawaii a couple of weeks ago on "Language revitalization and identity
politics: a case study of Siraya in Taiwan".

Nick Thieberger and the other conference organizers at UH are processing the
recordings of the conference talks now, and they plan to put them up on the
conference web site <http://nflrc.hawaii.edu/ICLDC09/> in the next couple of
weeks, along with PDFs of handouts etc. so you'll be able to listen to
Chun's presentation. It was an exciting and highly successful conference,
and you might like to look at/listen to some of the other talks too if you
weren't able to be there.

cheers,
Margaret

--