Placename database query

Joshua Nash joshua.nash at ADELAIDE.EDU.AU
Thu Apr 2 22:21:55 UTC 2009

Dear RNLDers,

I am doing a longitudinal research project compiling placename data from various
sources and in various formats. I need software for Mac which I can use to enter
multiple etymologies, histories and stories associated with the places, location
of place, fields for name of informant, date of interview and location of
interview etc . as well as provision for linking this data to sound and
image/video files. The resultant database should be searchable and easy to use

Any suggestions for some free Mac database software that is easy to use and
would serve my purpose is appreciated. Possibility for transfer to PC format in
the future would also be great.

Regards,

Joshua Nash, PhD candidate
Discipline of Linguistics