Transcriber again

Margaret Carew margaret.carew at BATCHELOR.EDU.AU
Fri Apr 3 00:50:16 UTC 2009

Thanks everyone who helped with my recent request on transcriber. Just
thought I'd post an update on how that's worked out.

I'm running OS Leopard (OS 10.5) on my Mac - the transcriber .dmg download
for Panther (OS 10.3) doesn't mount at all, and our IT person here believes
that the software and operating system are incompatible. The earlier version
1.4.5 mounts, but I haven't had any success tweaking the sampling rates or
trying different file formats. I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has
had any success in running transcriber with OS Leopard.

I have found an acceptable compromise which is to run transcriber 1.5.1 for
windows on my virtual PC machine through Fusion, now that I've got the file
sharing sorted out between the Mac and the virtual PC it's all fine.

Regards
--
Margaret Carew
Lecturer - Centre for Australian Languages and Linguistics
margaret.carew at batchelor.edu.au