Archon, or other archiving "kit"?

Andrea L. Berez aberez at UMAIL.UCSB.EDU
Sun Apr 5 18:54:24 UTC 2009

Hello list,

Have any of you tried Archon (developed by U Illinois) for creating
and curating a digital archive? Here's the link:
http://www.archon.org/index.php

If you've used it, I'd be interested to hear how well it worked for
you, especially if you've used it for language data specifically.

Barring that, I would like to know if any of you can recommend (or
have general thoughts on) a similar kind of archiving "kit" that could
be implemented on a community (rather than university-based) level.
I'm interested in something that will make building a mysql database
with php web interface pages easier than starting from scratch.
Conforming to OLAC/OAI/DC standards is a plus, naturally.

Thanks in advance,
Andrea