Puliima Update 1 - National Indigenous Language Conference - theme - "Modern Ways for Ancient Words"

Daryn McKenny daryn at ACRA.ORG.AU
Fri Feb 13 03:26:32 UTC 2009

PLEASE FORWARD THIS EMAIL THROUGHOUT YOUR NETWORK

Puliima 2009 National Indigenous Language and Information Communication Technology Forum

“Modern Ways for Ancient Words”

Hi Everyone,

Well, get ready for more updates as we can now countdown very quickly the days left to the Puliima 2009 National Indigenous Language and Information Communication Technology Forum (affectionately known as just ‘Puliima’) to be held in Melbourne Australia on the 1st and 2nd April.

The Puliima Message Stick has travelled far and wide all over Australia to inform everyone about Puliima and the response has been really good.

So What’s Happening at Puliima 2009 so far

Presentation’s from New Zealand, Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland have been received covering topics ranging from:

·         Marvin 3D Character Animation for creating Language Multimedia resources

·         Photography

·         Audio Recording – best practise standards and equipment

·         Publishing resources

·         Sharing Culture – education, culture & language  in a e-learning environment

·         Best Practises in using Technology for Language Workers

·         Miromaa & Beyond – funny enough not presented by us J

·         Plus much more

There will be plenty of opportunities for networking and catching up, we are looking at organising a Pre-Conference get together at the Koori Heritage Trust and a FREE Wednesday night dinner.

So your tasks are:

If you are coming to Puliima YOU NEED TO REGISTER NOW, time is running out to get organised, the Atlantis Hotel only has limited rooms for us at this really special great discounted price.

There are still some good spots available for Presenting, so please let us know if you are interested or if you have a particular skill to share and we can assist in coming up with a presentation for you. We have extended the deadline to ‘Get them in Quickly’.

Exhibitor tables are still available, let us know if you want one soon before you miss out.

Visit here to confirm any of the above tasks online http://www.acra.org.au/puliima.html

You can do everything at our website or we have included a selection of documents to help you out.

To help us organise these events plus more PLEASE REGISTER SOON or let us know of your intention so that this can help us with our organising behind the scenes, this is extremely important for us, we need to know if you are coming.

For all information about PULIIMA 2009 please visit http://www.acra.org.au/puliima.html or drop us an email.

Funded by:

                Department Environment, Water, Heritage and the Arts

Forum Partners:

                Victorian Corporation of Aboriginal Languages

Event Locations:

                Koori Heritage Trust

                William Angliss Institute Conference Centre

Regards

Daryn McKenny

Arwarbukarl Cultural Resource Association Inc.

P | 02 4954 6899    F | 02 4954 3899

P  Please consider the environment before printing this email

The Arwarbukarl Cultural Resource Association Inc. respects the privacy of individuals and strives to comply with all areas of the Privacy Act. The contents of this email are intended for the purpose of the person or persons named in either the "To" or "CC" boxes of the email. Any person not named in these boxes in receipt of this email should immediately delete this email and advise the sender accordingly.

If you don’t want to receive any further emails about Puliima2009 please reply with “REMOVE” in the Subject and we will take you off our list.

Make Yahoo!7 your homepage and win a trip to the Quiksilver Pro. Find out more <http://au.rd.yahoo.com/homepage/mailtagline/*http:/au.docs.yahoo.com/homepageset/?p1=other&p2=au&p3=tagline> .