call: Studies on Endangered Languages

Margaret Florey margaret.florey at GMAIL.COM
Tue May 12 01:29:43 UTC 2009

Dear RNLDers,

The following call is forwarded from Christopher T Collins [mailto:
cc116 at nyu.edu]

Subject: Re: EL on LB -- please circulate

Studies on Endangered Languages

Location: http://ling.auf.net/lingbuzz/
The SEL will be up integrated as a topic page on Lingbuzz.

Call: We need a minimum critical mass of about 20 studies to get the site
going.  If you have a paper, or know of one, please send it to Chris Collins
(cc116 at nyu.edu) or Daniel Kaufman (dak37 at cornell.edu), and we will post it
when we have the critical mass.

repository of papers on theoretical linguistics. We would like the SEL
archive to serve as a repository of electronic grammars, dictionaries, and
papers on endangered languages. Since there is no precise definition of
"endangered language", we extend the scope of this archive to include
studies on under-researched languages as well.

The papers can be descriptively or theoretically oriented. For the more
descriptive papers, the description and keywords that are posted on Lingbuzz
(see below) should try to convey notable typological features or points of
potential wider interest in the data. One of the goals of the project is to
try to integrate data on endangered and under-researched languages into work
being done in the theoretical linguistics community.

Papers will not be reviewed. For an overview of Lingbuzz policies, see:

http://ling.auf.net/buzzdocs/

As with Lingbuzz, each paper will appear with the following information:

Title
Name of Author
Date of Submission
Description (one or two paragraphs)
Place of publication (if there exists a published version)
Keywords
Previous version dates
Number of times downloaded

--