solar panels

Gary Holton gary.holton at UAF.EDU
Tue May 19 05:23:18 UTC 2009

I'll second Laura's recommendation to use rigid panels. I've used
portable, semi-rigid panels from Connecticut Solar (ctsolar.com) in
Indonesia only to have them disintegrate within 6 months of continuous
use (see http://www.uaf.edu/anlc/images/solar1.jpg). In contrast,
rigid glass panels seem to last indefinitely, and though heavy are
tough enough to withstand transport as checked baggage on airlines.

Gary Holton

gmholton at alaska.edu