InField 2010 call for proposals

Margaret Florey margaret.florey at GMAIL.COM
Mon Sep 21 06:47:39 UTC 2009

Dear RNLDers,

Following the great success of the 2008 InField Institute on Field
Linguistics and Language Documentation (held at UC Santa Barbara)
<http://www.linguistics.ucsb.edu/faculty/infield/index.html>, planning
has now begun for InField 2010, which will be held at the University
of Oregon, Eugene, from June 21-July 2 (workshops) and July 5-30
(field methods).

The Organizing Committee of InField 2010 is now soliciting
applications for workshops in language documentation, language
maintenance, and/or language revitalization to be held as part of the
second InField. Our immediate purpose is to offer practical training
to current or potential fieldworkers and speech community members; we
also plan to add to the body of freely available training materials
online. We particularly seek proposals from current practitioners in
this area, who would like to teach a workshop of two to eight hours in
length to an audience of practicing linguists, graduate students in
linguistics, and/or language activists with an interest in
documenting, maintaining, or revitalizing their particular language of
interest.

Further details can be found in the call for proposals, which can be
downloaded from the InField 2010 web site
<http://darkwing.uoregon.edu/~spike/Site/InField_2010.html>

Proposals and enquiries may be directed to <infield at uoregon.edu.>.

best wishes,
Margaret Florey