Notice of AGM

Nick Thieberger thien at UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Wed Sep 30 04:51:13 UTC 2009

2009 AGM announcement

Dear RNLD members,

The 2009 RNLD AGM will be held in Melbourne at 11am on Wednesday
October 7. All are welcome to attend. The venue is Room 515B, Arts
Centre Building, The University of Melbourne. You can download a map here
http://www.linguistics.unimelb.edu.au/about/contact/.

RNLD has played an active online role since its launch in 2004 and we
currently have about 240 people subscribing to our mailing list. We're
pleased to be able to say that RNLD is doing well in bringing language
maintenance practitioners together to share information and resources
and to discuss issues in the field.

Through the coming year we will be extending RNLD's training
activities through a grant from the Australian Government's
Maintenance of Indigenous Languages and Records scheme. Margaret
Florey is developing a new grassroots model for the on-site mentored
one-to-one training of community language activists in language
documentation and revitalization methods and technologies. In the
first year of the project, Margaret is writing the training materials
and beginning to consult with endangered language communities in
Australia.

At the meeting will we announce our new Advisory Panel.

We will also report on progress towards a much needed update of the
web site and RNLD logo which we hope to bring online very soon.

kind regards,

Margaret Florey, Nick Thieberger, Anthony Jukes