clip-on microphones and cheap audio recorders

Laura Robinson lcrobinson1 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Apr 6 01:06:46 UTC 2010

Hello,

I want to thank everyone for their answers to my question about video
cameras.  I am now looking into a Canon Vixia HF S20 and a couple of Zoom
Q3s.   I am still on the hunt for more equipment recommendations for my
summer fieldtrip to Indonesia, so I wanted to ask for recommendations on two
things: (1) a good clip-on microphone, and (2) simple, relatively
inexpensive audio recorders.  I know this list is down on inexpensive audio
recorders, so let me explain what I am looking for.  I want something that I
can afford to buy 5 or 6 of that I can then lend or give away in the field
without having to worry about getting them back.  To this end, I am also
looking for something that is VERY simple to use, preferably with a big red
record button and a simple stop and play buttons, so that I can teach
someone to use it in less than one minute.   Let me assure you that I will
also have a couple of high-end audio recorders for my own use.

Thanks again,

Laura
--
Laura C. Robinson