conference announcement

Daryn McKenny daryn at ACRA.ORG.AU
Wed Aug 11 01:55:22 UTC 2010

David,

You summed this up perfectly, presenters were handpicked, I was asked to present but refused to as their target audience was too select and of course what community person could ever afford those astronomical fees.

Regards

Daryn McKenny

Arwarbukarl Cultural Resource Association Inc. Trading as:
Miromaa Aboriginal Language and Technology Centre

P | 02 4927 8222    F | 02 4925 2185    E | daryn at acra.org.au    W | www.acra.org.au & www.miromaa.com.au

  Please consider the environment before printing this email

The Arwarbukarl Cultural Resource Association Inc. respects the privacy of individuals and strives to comply with all areas of the Privacy Act. The contents of this email are intended for the purpose of the person or persons named in either the "To" or "CC" boxes of the email. Any person not named in these boxes in receipt of this email should immediately delete this email and advise the sender accordingly.

-----Original Message-----
From: David Nash [mailto:David.Nash at anu.edu.au]
Sent: Wednesday, 11 August 2010 11:55 AM
To: r-n-l-d at unimelb.edu.au; Margaret Florey
Subject: Re: conference announcement

Thanks for this Margaret, first I'd heard of it.  Do you know if they
had a call for papers?

I emailed the address you provided and received a reply this morning
with a PDF brochure (no URL); I've now found the brochure is at
http://www.tonkincorporation.com/images/Eureka/ALIABrochure.pdf,
linked from http://www.tonkincorporation.com/?m=5&id=636&t=14

On page 4 of the brochure the prices are tabulated; the range is from
$2748.90 to $4288.90 ...  I guess it includes accommodation; I don't
see a price without accommodation, or a day rate perhaps they do
allow this if oine inquires).

As much as some of the speakers and titles are attractive, the
overall picture seems to be a business model tapping into well-padded
expense accounts.

David