Rescuing a recording on my ZoomH2?

Greg Dickson munanga at BIGPOND.COM
Sat Aug 28 11:30:45 UTC 2010

Hi all,

Can anyone help me?

I was using my ZoomH2 to record a long language session yesterday.
The batteries died after about an hour which I didn't think was a
total disaster because I thought the Zoom would save the file before
it completely shutdown.  But now I'm panicking slightly because the
file seems to be error-ridden and untransferable.  It is using up
storage space (~500MB) so there is *something* there, but it doesn't
playback, upload or anything else.  It doesn't give a duration either
(it just has 00:00:00).

Is there anything I can do or is the recording lost forever??

Cheers,
Greg.