question about collaborative sites for field methods classes

Claire Bowern clairebowern at GMAIL.COM
Wed Dec 1 14:04:42 UTC 2010

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone's tried using Zoho, Google Docs, or other
collaborative CRM or database sites for field methods classes. Last
time I taught field methods we used my uni's implementation of Sakai
for collaborative work, which was ok, but also had a lot of drawbacks
(e.g. it's impossible to bulk download the wiki pages, they have to be
done one page at a time). I've also tried putting all the files on a
shared drive and that has worked most smoothly in terms of file
sharing, but it doesn't allow me to enforce consistency in
transcription and it makes it harder for people to work on the same
files at the same time.
Claire