question about collaborative sites for field methods classes

Peter Austin pa2 at SOAS.AC.UK
Wed Dec 1 23:45:00 UTC 2010

I would be very cautious about investing in this particular technology
-- on 4th August 2010, Google announced the suspension of stand-alone
Wave development and the intent to abandon the project at the end of
2010. It has been handed over to Apache Software Foundation who plan
to develop a server version. I don't think I'd be putting my eggs in
this particular basket.

Peter Austin

--
Prof Peter K. Austin
Marit Rausing Chair in Field Linguistics

web: http://www.hrelp.org/aboutus/staff/index.php?cd=pa