New field recording tutorials, articles, and reviews

Bartlomiej Plichta plichtab at MSU.EDU
Thu Feb 25 02:04:54 UTC 2010

Dear RNLDers

I have been away from work for a while, mostly for health, but I hope that some of you may still remember me. I have a website where I publish open-source software for linguists along with some articles and reviews of audio technology, primarily for field linguists.
I thought you might be interested in some of the new articles I have posted recently. They may be too elementary for most of you, but perhaps you'd find them useful for your students to explore.

This is a personal website, and as such reflects my subjective views.
I have owned all the equipment and tested all the solutions I write about. The site is free and I make absolutely no profit from it.

Please, check out the field recording Table of Contents to see if there's anything there that might interest you:
http://bartus.org/akustyk/signal.php

If you have any suggestions about the site, please do let me know:
http://bartus.org/akustyk/email.php

Thanks!
Bartek Plichta