Basic Oral Language Documentation workshops, PNG

Steven Bird stevenbird1 at GMAIL.COM
Fri Feb 12 21:18:34 UTC 2010

On 2010-02-12, Lila San Roque <lila.san.roque at anu.edu.au> wrote:
> Philip Tama (University of Goroka) notes that this week's workshop was very
> timely and successful. You can see some media reports in The National
> newspaper (10/02/10, not yet available online)

I've uploaded my photo of the National article here:

http://boldpng.info/file-cabinet/UOG_National.jpg

> You can leave a message of support for workshop participants to read at the
> BOLD site Guestbook (http://www.boldpng.info/guest-book) - please do!

Yes, please do.

I'm presenting the training in Madang (yesterday and today), and need
to fire up the students some more -- sadly about a third of them have
lost their tokples.  No-one is aware of the exceptional density of
languages in Madang Province, and few really appreciate the level of
outside interest in PNG languages.

-Steven Bird