RNLD event International Mother Language Day 2010

Margaret Florey margaret.florey at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jan 18 23:15:00 UTC 2010

Dear RNLDers,

21 February is the 11th UNESCO International Mother Language Day. This year,
UNESCO has declared that the day will be celebrated in the framework of the
International Year for the Rapprochement of Cultures.

(see <
http://portal.unesco.org/culture/en/ev.php-URL_ID=39761&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html
>)

You are invited to join RNLD in Melbourne for an IMLD celebration with a
screening of  *In Language We Live — Voices of the World*, followed by a
discussion accompanied by drinks and snacks.

*Date   * Thursday 18 February 2010

*Time   * 6-8pm

*Venue * Yasuko Hiraoka Myer (YHM) Room, Level 1, Sidney Myer Asia Centre,
University of Melbourne (Corner of Swanston Street and Monash Road)

We encourage RNLD members in other locations to plan a local event to
celebrate International Mother Language Day and linguistic diversity.

--
Margaret Florey
Consultant linguist

Email: Margaret.Florey at gmail.com