Help with Marantz PMD670

Dorothea Hoffmann Dorothea.Hoffmann at POSTGRAD.MANCHESTER.AC.UK
Wed Jul 21 08:14:53 UTC 2010

Dear all,

thank you all very much for your kind advice and help concerning my
misfortunate Marantz failure.

I think I can conclude now that the fault is in the machine itself and
not in the the Flash Card since I tried 2 different cards both had
been previously used and were no bigger than 1GB. Even after I
restored all the folders in the Cards, then formatted them on the
computer and re-formatted them again, there was no difference in the
machine's behaviour. I was not at all able to access the card on the
Marantz and so couldn't take on most of your suggestions.

I will now try and send it off to Darwin for repairs and hopefully
will get it back before the end of my fieldtrip here in Katherine.

Once again, thanks a lot (and if you have any additional advice,
please feel free to share! :))!

Best,

Dorothea