FW: Python Aboriginal ebooks for 3K OLPC laptops

Gail Woods gail.woods at BATCHELOR.EDU.AU
Tue Mar 30 00:25:56 UTC 2010

Hi all
I wonder if the list can help here...?
Please see below.

Gail Woods
Lecturer B
Centre for Australian Languages and Linguistics
Batchelor Institute of Indigenous Tertiary Education
PO Box 9170, Alice Springs, NT, 0871
t:  08 8951 8354
f:  08 8951 8300
e:  gail.woods at batchelor.edu.au

------ Forwarded Message
From: Dennis J <dennisj at fastmail.com.au>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 15:53:44 +0930
To: Margaret Carew <margaret.carew at batchelor.edu.au>, Gail Woods
<gail.woods at batchelor.edu.au>
Subject: Fwd: Python Aboriginal ebooks for 3K OLPC laptops

Gail, Margaret,

FYI. Bit of techy language below, but the gist of it is...

"We will have 3000 green machines ("netbook" style small laptops) for
primary school children that we would like to load with Aboriginal
readers..." "...digitise Aboriginal readers by
inserting text, music and speech in various Aboriginal languages."

Dennis