E-mail interviews for an Undergraduate Thesis on Technology Use

Margaret Florey margaret.florey at GMAIL.COM
Sun Mar 28 08:37:10 UTC 2010

Forwarded from ILAT list

Chwe:'n everyone,

I'm Montgomery Hill, a member of the Tuscarora tribe of the Haudenosaunee
confederacy, and a student writing my undergrad thesis on 'The Use of Modern
Technology in Language Revitalization Projects: Applications, Benefits and
Concerns'.

It is a cross-disciplinary study in Computer Science and Linguistics,
exploring (as the tentative title describes) use of technology, and any sort
of thoughts a given community and project members have about the use of
various technologies (for example, web based dictionaries, television shows,
learning software, and so on).

Basically, I'm looking for people from other Indigenous Language Communities
to share a short email dialogue with about their Language Revitalization
Projects use of technology, and what sort of benefits or issues they have
seen arise from that use!

Nya:weh for your time,
Montgomery Hill
monty hill <mhill06 at SIMONS-ROCK.EDU>