Labelling and metadata on the hodge-podge of recordings on your home computer

Claire Bowern clairebowern at GMAIL.COM
Sun May 2 14:11:56 UTC 2010

I know this is how we're supposed to do it but I have problems
identifying recordings quickly when the filename is a long string of
numbers (e.g. with 5 Elan search windows open). I use this system for
field methods tapes but I really don't like it.
My field tapes are done by language and researcher initial (e.g.
BA-AKL) and then numbered sequentially (apart from the Yan-nhangu
fieldtrip where I used date/session numbering...). I find that much
easier to use.
Claire