Labelling and metadata

Joe Blythe blythe.joe at GMAIL.COM
Mon May 3 08:13:30 UTC 2010

The only two cents worth I'd like to add to this discussion is that I had to modify my numbering numbering system to indicate whether the original recording was made with a video or dedicated audio recorder. I only mark the video ones as "vid".

Thus video files might be
20100503JBvid01.mov

Because you sometimes need to extract audio files from video files the video file, such an extracted audio file would be
20100503JBvid01.wav

This ensures that any files recorded on the same date from a dedicated audio recorder (e.g., 20100503JBv01.wav) don't end up with the same file name.

Joe