Labelling and metadata

Gwendolyn Hyslop glow at UOREGON.EDU
Tue May 4 05:49:28 UTC 2010

Dear RNLDers,

Thanks so much for this discussion; I have appreciated following it. I’d
like to add to it by asking one small question. There has been discussion
about not using capital letters or spaces in files names, but I am wondering
about the use of periods (.) as a way to separate information in file names,
as opposed to an underscore (_) or hyphen (-). In other words,  is there any
known problem with doing something like: KS2009.09.19.01.wav, as opposed to
KS2009_09_19_01.wav?

Best,

Gwen

=====