Labelling and metadata (software)

John Hatton john_hatton at SIL.ORG
Tue May 4 21:46:36 UTC 2010

Alex wrote:

>I thought these should all be interconnected somewhere, and in a permanent
way. Sometimes I add the file-path of both the picture and the sound file,
say, on the Toolbox entry where the story is transcribed.  But there might
be other ways, right? Ideally this would be done by displaying the very
picture, rather than just storing its filename.

>Is there a software which can do that?  Would Sponge do it

Yes, Sponge shows you all files (media and otherwise) located in the folder
used for each session.  Sound and video can be played in-place.

John Hatton
 <http://pnglanguages.org/> SIL Papua New Guinea,  <http://palaso.org>
Palaso, &  <http://sil.org> SIL International Software Development
Chat Google Talk: hattonjohn Skype: hattonjohn Google Wave:
hattonjohn at googlewave.com