USB audio input devices

John Hatton john_hatton at SIL.ORG
Thu May 27 22:33:42 UTC 2010

>If anyone has managed to make a Zoom H4N perform this role, I'd love to
hear that (that would mean one less bit of kit).

Sadly,  a colleague just wrote:

"I tried it AND called tech support: 16 bit ceiling."

Ken (great to hear from you!), the model you mentioned was also only claimed
16 bit.  Someone else pointed to one that isn't, but that was firewire,
which won't work with netbooks (except Sony's).  I'll keep looking, and
report back I learn something conclusive.

John Hatton
SIL Papua New Guinea, Palaso, & SIL International Software Development