Zoom H4N reduced pricing for those interested

Mark Post mark.post at JCU.EDU.AU
Tue May 25 06:19:32 UTC 2010

In my experience, the H2 (a) is cheaply made and prone to breaking (b)
has terrible inbuilt mics and (c) only has a 3.5mm input, hence
requiring either an XLR->3.5mm adaptor or willingness to settle on a
substandard mic. For the additional money, the H4n performs *much*
better on all of these fronts. I still use H2s as emergency backups, and
they are certainly nice and lightweight/small, but the H4n really does
produce far, far better recordings!
Mark

--
Mark W. Post, PhD
Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Anthropological Linguistics

EML: mark.post at jcu.edu.au
TEL: +61-7-4042-1881 (AU)
TEL: +91-97183-63544 (IN-Del)
TEL: +91-94360-42352 (IN-NE)