id3-style tags on Wav?

Steven Bird stevenbird1 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Nov 25 05:05:34 UTC 2010

On 25 November 2010 12:55, Alex Francois <Alexandre.Francois at vjf.cnrs.fr> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I would like to know if it is technically possible to incorporate some
> metadata (at least the most basic info: Performer name, Title, Date,
> Village, Languageā€¦) within WAV files.

By the way, an early audio transcription tool from someone in SIL
stored time-aligned annotations inside WAV files.  The argument he
made for this was that it would be impossible for the transcription to
be separated from the audio.  I guess it used "Associated Data List
Chunk", cf http://www.sonicspot.com/guide/wavefiles.html

-Steven Bird