SD card to SD card transfer?

Xavier Barker meibitobure.gaunibwe at GMAIL.COM
Tue Oct 12 00:38:14 UTC 2010

Did this go through?

Hi Andrea,

There are indeed SD card duplicators.  Depending on your volume, you might want to look at http://www.vconsole.com/client/.  If you're only doing 1-to-1 duplication, you might be best off finding a USB bridge which will let you back up SD cards (and other flash memory types) straight onto a USB device.  The USB device might be a series of flash devices or it might be a solid-state HDD in a ruggedised external enclosure.   THe difference is that the duplicator is at about $7000, the USB bridge is about $30.  There was, about 5 years ago, a portable SD cloning device from Panasonic but I'm not sure it made it to market.  You can then get small Pelican cases to weatherproof and shockproof everything.

Cheers,
Xavier