batch conversion to pdf

Ken Manson ken.grammar at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 27 09:19:41 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I like ODT format - even though I use Word 2007. (Have some macros I am in
love with for aligning examples.) I have used ODT to pass on documents for
editing which have Thai and Burmese (Unicode) fonts.

However, for archiving, pdf is "less" editable and preferable.

Ken

-----Original Message-----
From: Rik [mailto:rdbusser at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, 27 October 2010 9:18 AM
To: 'Aidan Wilson'; 'Andrew Cunningham'
Cc: 'Gary Holton'; 'resource-network-linguistic-diversity'
Subject: RE: batch conversion to pdf

What about the ODT format that OpenOffice uses? It is part of the Open
Document Standard (open and ISO-compliant) and it is transparent (basically
a zip-container with XML files in it). Not really sure how well it deals
with complex scripts, though.

Rik

Rik De Busser
Research Centre for Linguistic Typology
La Trobe University, Bundoora 3086 VIC, Australia
www.rdbusser.com