Orthography Issue

RNLD Admin contact.rnld at GMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 22 09:11:47 UTC 2010

From: Afsar Ali <afsar at fli-online.org>
Date: Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 7:50 PM
Subject: Orthography Issue

Dear Friends,

I am working on Khowar Language which is spoken in Norther Pakistan  called
Chitral. We are facing the problem of orthography. We do not have standard
writing system for Khowar, Could you guys guide me to make a nice
orthography for Khowar Language. We are following Urdu writing system but
there is problem with long and short vowel, Khowar has three kind of vowels.
Short medium and long. and Urdu has just two short and long. Please kindly
suggest me what can I do to make a nice orthography for my own language.

Regards
Afsar Ali