Puliima 2011 National Indigenous Languages and Technology Forum - Calling for presenters, exhibitors, sponsors.

Nick Thieberger thien at UNIMELB.EDU.AU
Wed Sep 15 07:05:48 UTC 2010

Please circulate throughout your Networks

*Puliima 2011 National Indigenous Languages and Technology Forum*

Hi Everyone,

We would like to invite you to participate in the "Puliima 2011 National
Indigenous Languages Technology Forum" to be held at the State Library of
Queensland in Brisbane from Wednesday the 11th of May through till Friday
the 13th May 2011.

The conference will comprise of the following:

Tuesday 10th May

6pm evening pre-conference get together (for those that arrive early)

Wednesday 11th May

Puliima Day 1

Thursday 12th May

Puliima Day 2

Friday 13th May

Optional Events:

Indigenous Linguists Forum

Focus Workshops

The aim of the Puliima Forum is to bring together people from all over
Australia and overseas who are involved in Indigenous language projects and
communities to share skills and information on the use of a wide range of
technology to support their work. The event showcases a variety of
production tools, models and programs that support content production in a
range of mediums (sound, multi-media, image and print) and enables community
users to experience them first hand. It incorporates knowledge of
linguistics, educational programs and teaching methodologies as well as
legal, moral and cultural aspects of community language project development.

The 2011 Puliima Forum will run over three days, and *will include as an
Australian first, a separate forum for Indigenous linguists*, of which we
are pleased to say there is a growing number. We aim to allow the
participants to share their experiences and draft proposals to support
employment initiatives, at the same time establishing a supportive network
for ongoing contact.

This will be the third Puliima Forum, with the conference having been held
in Newcastle in 2007 then Melbourne in 2009 with over 200 people expected to
attend the 2011 Forum.

We are thrilled to be hosting Puliima 2011 once again and we encourage you
to participate to explore and share the many ways in which language is
either being revitalised or preserved in your area.

View a short take from Puliima 2009 on
YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54diX6bkWCg>

See you in Brisbane!

Download the promotional Poster in A3
size<http://www.acra.org.au/images/stories/Puliima2011/poster2011a3newtheme.pdf>

*Current Activity*

*Calling for Presenters* – closing 30th November 2010. Further information
for Presenters can be found
HERE<http://www.acra.org.au/puliima/call-for-presenters.html>

*Join our Mailing
List<http://www.acra.org.au/puliima/subscribe-to-mailing-list.html>
*

Registration – Opening TBA

All Enquiries – either email us at puliima2011 at acra.org or contact us
online<http://www.acra.org.au/puliima/contact-puliima-team.html>

Prospective exhibitors and sponsors - please visit our website for further
details <http://www.acra.org.au/puliima.html>

All media enquiries to be directed to Daryn McKenny 61+ 02 4927 8222

*Regards*

*The Puliima Team***

* *

*Arwarbukarl Cultural Resource Association Inc. Trading as:*

*Miromaa Aboriginal Language and Technology Centre*

* *

*P | 02 4927 8222    F | 02 4925 2185    E | **puliima2011 at acra.org.au    W
| *http://www.acra.org.au/puliima.html**

* *

P* * Please consider the environment before printing this email

*The Arwarbukarl Cultural Resource Association Inc. respects the privacy of
individuals and strives to comply with all areas of the Privacy Act. The
contents of this email are intended for the purpose of the person or persons
named in either the "To" or "CC" boxes of the email. Any person not named in
these boxes in receipt of this email should immediately delete this email
and advise the sender accordingly.*

To UNSUBSCRIBE from our mailing list please reply to this email with the
words UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line.

To change your details please send an email to puliima2011 at acra.org.au with
the changes