jobs - Community Development Officer (CDO) Aboriginal Languages

RNLD Admin contact.rnld at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 04:31:46 UTC 2011

Dear RNLDers,

The following jobs are being advertised by the NSW AECG Inc. Please respond
to the people listed below.

------------

The NSW AECG Inc is seeking applications from suitable applicants for the
position of Community Development Officer (CDO) based at the Secretariat (or
negotiated location)  through the Centre for Aboriginal Language
Coordination and Development (CALCD).

The CDO role is a front line position that will be required to travel and
work directly with Aboriginal Language Speakers, Elders & Aboriginal
Communities. Initially the CDO will drive the development of Regional and
Local Aboriginal Language Networks. The CDO will coordinate, support & drive
community based Aboriginal language projects & services from directions set
by the CALCD Board.

Applicants must address the following criteria:

·        Demonstrated knowledge & understanding of Aboriginal people &
culture.
·        Proven experience in coordinating projects
·        Ability to work with minimal supervision & meet strict deadlines.
·        Capacity to write reports & submissions
·        Interpersonal, time management, pubic speaking experience & problem
solving skills.
·        Understand OH&S & EEO practices
·        Working knowledge of email, spreadsheets and Microsoft word.
·        Hold a current Drivers Licence (Class C)

Community Development Officer (CDO) Aboriginal Languages

2 x Full time temporary positions (2 yrs)
Location: Sydney or negotiated location

Total remuneration Grade 5 (salary $66,116 - $68,201) including employer’s
contribution to superannuation & annual leave loading.

Applications close 12th August 2010

An information package can be obtained by contacting Jennie McKenny,
02 9550 5666 or email jennie.mckenny at aecg.nsw.edu.au

Kind regards

Mikael Smith
Manager Policy, Communications & Support

NSW AECG SECRETARIAT
37 Cavendish Street
Stanmore, NSW 2048

Ph: (02) 9550 5666
F: (02) 9550 3361
M: 0412 001 848
mikael.smith at aecg.nsw.edu.au
www.aecg.nsw.edu.au

The NSW AECG Inc Secretariat acknowledges that we, Aboriginal People of NSW,
are the original custodians of our land and that our people are unique and
have a right to self determine our own future.

Disclaimer: This message is intended for the addressee named and may contain
privileged information or confidential information or both. If you are not
the intended recipient please delete it and notify the sender.

This email (including any accompanying documents) may contain information
that is confidential and/or privileged.If you are not the intended recipient
any dissemination, copying or action taken in reliance on the contents of
this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error,
please notify the sender by contacting the email address or the telephone or
fax numbers above.

--
Resource Network for Linguistic Diversity
ABN 24 215 634 040

Directors
Dr. Margaret Florey
Dr. Nick Thieberger