Crossovers and parallels

Margaret Carew margaret.carew at batchelor.edu.au
Wed Dec 7 23:52:23 UTC 2011

Thanks for all the input on Crossovers and parallels for toolbox.

After my own couple of weeks of testing I¹ve decided to use both ­ I¹m going
with a parellels virtual machine, mainly so I can use Miromaa, running under
windows 7.

However, I like crossovers for toolbox because you go straight to it (the
crossovers/Toolbox icon) and start up from there. If I need to I can also
use it in Parallels, accessing the same files etc, but it seems to run a bit
slower (also has the whole windows start up routine which is boring).

And I think Lexique pro works the same way through crossovers.

The cost wasn¹t exhorbitant, paid $70 for parellels (on special last week!)
and about $40 for crossovers. (and have access to licences for the big
ticket software through work).

cheers
--
Margaret Carew