ELAN to Toolbox batch process

John Mansfield jbmansfield at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 05:53:52 UTC 2011

Since there seem to be quite a few people on RNLD working with both ELAN
and Toolbox -

My research involves dozens of ELAN transcription files, which I now need
to move to Toolbox for interlinearization.

To avoid spending too much time on the ELAN "export to Toolbox" function,
I'm writing a Python script that does the same job, but can be more easily
used to do dozens of files at a time. (And then re-do them, if I later
decide I want to configure the transformation differently.)

If anyone else out there is trying to solve the same problem, I'd be
interested to hear from you. I'd like to make my Python script as re-usable
as possible, for various user requirements. Or maybe someone else has
already written this thing.

JOhn