RNLD Twitter - Siraya grammar and lexicon

Peter Keegan pjkeeganwh at xtra.co.nz
Sun Dec 18 22:41:47 UTC 2011

FromĀ  RNLD Twitter

>A new grammar and lexicon of #Siraya language of Taiwan has been published. Great news for those revitalising
>Siraya http://www.degruyter.de/cont/imp/mouton/detailEn.cfm?id=IS-9783110252958-1

This is excellent news for those of us that are Austronesians and/or
    Austronesianists.

But I can't help but wondering that, at USD $195 (eBook same price)
    and written in English, whether or not
that this is really going to be of much use to Siraya speakers and
    those interesting in revitalizing Siraya.

Can anyone provide me with an example of a recent grammar/lexicon
    produced by a Linguist
that is accessible and that indigenous people actually find useful ?

regards,

Peter J Keegan (Auckland, New Zealand)