RNLD Twitter - Siraya grammar and lexicon

Bill Poser billposer2 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 00:14:52 UTC 2011

Really? In most cases I am familiar with, significant contributions are
made by a few members of the community, lesser contributions by others, and
no contribution at all by many if not most. How many people contribute
information depends in considerable part on how many people retain
knowledge of the language. Where community members do part or even all of
the linguistic work, it is again generally one or a few. I can see projects
with very broad involvement for languages that are still spoken by most
community members, but for endangered languages? I'd be very interested in
hearing about documentation projects for endangered languages in which most
community members participated.