Alternate for Keyman on a Mac Re: Crossovers and parallels

Alan Buseman alan_buseman at sil.org
Sat Dec 10 00:33:39 UTC 2011

I assume you are aware that Toolbox has a built-in keyboard mapping option
that includes dead keys. This was added for situations like Crossover/Toolbox
where neither external keyboards nor Mac keyboards work. It is not nice to
have to make a keyboard mapping just for Toolbox, but at least it works.
See Toolbox help for instructions on how to make a Toolbox keyboard.

On the general question of Mac Toolbox, I want to say that I am a Mac user
and I have tried various approaches over the years to find a way to make
a cross platform version of Toolbox, but none of them have worked out so far.
But I follow this list, and I do sympathize with Mac users on this issue.

Alan Buseman, Toolbox development