Fieldworks or Toolbox?

Jasmin Laura Morley jasmin.morley at ADELAIDE.EDU.AU
Wed Jan 5 05:29:49 UTC 2011

Dear RNLDrs,
I am planning a dictionary project for a local language and am considering
whether
to use Toolbox or Fieldworks.
Currently we have a number of files which had previously been imported into
Toolbox but which require a lot of editing (rewriting of definitions, complete
orthography rehaul, adding reversals, etc...). The plan is to produce a printed
dictionary and a CD with recordings of pronunciations, which I had planned to
create in LexiquePro.
Can anyone comment on the desirability of transferring to Fieldworks at this
point? Some of the bulk editing features look like they would be helpful in
making
the whole-of-data-base changes which are required. Does anyone have experience
in
exporting a Fieldworks dictionary to LexiquePro?
I'd appreciate any comments or suggestions.
Thanks,
Jasmin Morley
Mobile Language Team
University of Adelaide