ALW website and information

Felicity Meakins f.meakins at uq.edu.au
Tue Jan 25 23:30:29 UTC 2011

Dear all,

The ALW website is now online:

http://www.slccs.uq.edu.au/index.html?page=150538&pid=70702

It contains travel and accommodation information, the provisional program
and what to bring. The registration/payment page will be online towards the
end of the month.

Some important things to note:

1. Please read the travel information very carefully before booking your
flights.
2. If you can get to Brisbane around 7am on Friday, there is the option of a
free minibus to the ferry. Students and unwaged people will be prioritised.
The minibus will also take these people back to the airport on Sunday
evening. Also, there may be a couple of cars going over to the island. We
can put you in contact with the drivers and you can make arrangements with
them. Other than that, we have provided detailed public transport
information about getting to the island.
3. There are no single occupancy accommodation options at the research
station. A lot of the accommodation will be quad rooms and some will be twin
share. Please contact me with your preferences for room mates. We will do
our best to accommodate everyone¹s requests, but ......
4. There are no places left in terms of accommodation. If you have not yet
contacted Myf or I about this workshop but you wish to go, we can put you on
a waiting list.
5. If you cannot come or cannot present your paper, please contact us ASAP,
so we can allocate slots to people who missed out in the first round.

We will let you know when the registration page is up. Currently the cost of
the workshop is $145 for students/unwaged and $165 for waged. This cost
includes accommodation and food for Friday-Sunday, and the option of an
Indigenous look at Stradbroke Island on Saturday afternoon. It does not
include travel costs or Thursday night accommodation if you choose to stay
in Brisbane.

Regards,

Felicity and Myf