Fieldworks or Toolbox?

Nick Thieberger thien at unimelb.edu.au
Wed Jan 26 03:05:22 UTC 2011

Hi Jasmin,

If you are only working on a lexicon (and not linking to interlinear
texts) then there are various options (for example, Matapuna,
Tshwanelex).  And you can also use LexiquePro, which works with
Fieldworks too.

I think that Fieldworks is most likely your best option now if you do
want to link to texts as Toolbox is getting long in the tooth.

Reviews of these have appeared in the journal Language Documentation
and Conservation and are available for free download.
Tshwanelex - http://scholarspace.manoa.hawaii.edu/handle/10125/1729
Matapuna - http://scholarspace.manoa.hawaii.edu/handle/10125/4477
Fieldworks - http://scholarspace.manoa.hawaii.edu/handle/10125/4471
LexiquePro - http://scholarspace.manoa.hawaii.edu/handle/10125/1720