ALW travel information

Felicity Meakins f.meakins at UQ.EDU.AU
Sat Jan 8 02:58:49 UTC 2011

Dear all,

The ALW2011 website will be online shortly. It will contain a
registration/payment link, preliminary program, what to bring, information
about getting to and from the Research Station, and accommodation
recommendations for Thursday night if you chose to come in then.

We are aware that some people may wish to book flights now to get cheaper
flights, so we are giving you information about getting to and from the
research station now so you can book appropriate flights. Basically, if you
are coming to the whole workshop, you need to get to Brisbane by 7-7:15am on
Friday morning or come in the night before. You should also not book a
flight before 7:30pm on Sunday.

There will be a limited number of places on a minibus to and from the
airport (students and unwaged prioritised and Melbourne people, given the
Qantas and Virgin flight times). Some other car places will be available.
You will also be able to catch the train or share a taxi to the ferry.
Details are given below.

We recommend the following itinerary to get to the workshop which begins at
10am:

Arrive Brisbane Domestic Airport by 7.00
EITHER taxi to Cleveland Ferry terminal (approx $81)
We recommend sharing a taxi (group of 4) as this is same price as train and
much quicker.

OR 7.28 train to Central and change to 8.18 train to Cleveland (approx $22)
Take courtesy bus from station to Ferry terminal. As you walk out of
Cleveland station, turn right. The bus leaves from the corner.
Catch 8.55 Stradbroke Flyer GoldCat ferry</a> ($19 return, $13 one way)
Walk 10 minutes through the caravan park to the Research Station

We recommend the following itinerary for those leaving from the Brisbane
City hostels/hotels area:

Leaving from Roma St Station
8.20 train to Cleveland (approx $5) Take courtesy bus from station to Ferry
terminal. As you walk out of Cleveland station, turn right. The bus leaves
from the corner.
Catch 8.55 Stradbroke Flyer GoldCat ferry ($19 return, $13 one way)
Walk 10 minutes through the caravan park to the Research Station

We recommend the following itinerary for those getting to the airport on
Sunday evening:

Leaving from the Research Station
Catch 3.55 Stradbroke Flyer GoldCat ferry ($19 return, $13 one way)

EITHER taxi to the domestic airport (approx $81)
We recommend sharing a taxi (group of 4) as this is same price as train and
much quicker.

OR
Take courtesy bus from the ferry terminal to the station.
Take the 4:51 train to Park Rd (approx $5)
Take the 5:57 airport train to the domestic airport (cost $15). It will
arrive at 6:34pm.

Regards, Felicity and Myf

Felicity Meakins
ARC Australian Postdoctoral Fellow (APD)
School of Languages and Comparative Cultural Studies
Bldg. 32 (Gordon Greenwood Building)
University of Queensland
Brisbane QLD 4072
AUSTRALIA

Mobile: +61411404546
Office: +61 7 3365 2877
Fax: +61 7 3365 6799
Email: f.meakins at uq.edu.au
http://www.slccs.uq.edu.au//index.html?page=127733&pid=124851

also Honorary Research Associate with University of Manchester
http://www.llc.manchester.ac.uk/subjects/lel/staff/felicity-meakins
felicity.meakins at manchester.ac.uk