Solid State recorder

Bill Poser billposer2 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 21:28:32 UTC 2011

I have been using a Zoom H4n and haven't had any problems with it
recognizing the SD card, breaking down, or anything like that. Of course,
that's just one datapoint. The only problem that I have encountered is that
the wav files it produces are in a slightly odd format (there is no fmt
chunk identifier immediately following the wav identifier in the header),
which makes some audio software gag. This isn't an insuperable problem as
one can fix the files by "converting" from wav format to wav format using a
program that understands this format.