Solid State recorder

Bartlomiej Plichta bplichta at live.com
Thu Jun 2 00:23:26 UTC 2011

Unfortunately, not all manufacturers adhere to the same standards. For example, Zoom H4n supports  the Broadcast Wave Format, which, as Nick pointed out, has some metadata chunks that some software may not be able to read. This is not necessarily  a flaw, as long as long as we know the format. If your software can't read the file, you can try some freeware, like Sox, to strip the metadata chunks.

Bartek