Can Elan export to limsi labels?

Margaret Carew margaret.carew at batchelor.edu.au
Thu Jun 9 23:40:03 UTC 2011

I've posted this to the Elan forum, but just wondering if anyone knows how to do this...

I would like to create a set of mp3 exports from an elan-annotated wav file. They are songs, interspersed with conversation, annotated accordingly. I know that Transcriber will export to limsi labels, which then can be imported by audacity, enabling quick chunking>exporting according to timecode information in the labels - but I don't use Transcriber and would prefer to stick with Elan throughout my workflow if possible.

As far as I can see Elan won't export to labels, but there might be a work around that's possible, by playing with the export to get it into label format (if I knew what that was it would help).

Thanks, Marg Carew