Recommendations for head-mounted microphones

Post, Mark mark.post at jcu.edu.au
Tue Jun 14 01:00:15 UTC 2011

Hi Amanda
I recently had a Rode HS-1 in the field and thought it was really fantastic for the price (just over $300). Most speakers completely forgot about it 30 seconds after putting it on. It needs 24v phantom power, but I didn't notice a glaring difference in my recorder's battery consumption (Zoom H4n with 2700 MAh Powermax rechargeables). Plus it's made in AU.
Cheers
Mark