RNLD awarded 3 year MILR grant

RNLD Admin contact.rnld at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 21:21:04 UTC 2011

Dear RNLDers,

On 23 June 2011, Australia's Minister for the Arts, Simon Crean MP, announced
$14.4 million in
funding<http://www.arts.gov.au/indigenous/indigenous_funding_2011-12>for
Indigenous language programs across Australia in 2011-12 under the
Maintenance of Indigenous Languages and Records grant scheme. A total of 67
projects was funded this year, including 4 triennial projects. The list of
successful applicants can be downloaded from the link above.

RNLD is very pleased to share the news that we have been awarded a three
year grant at a substantially increased level of funding. This will permit
significant expansion nationally of our training and resource sharing
activities. We look forward to continuing to work with communities,
Indigenous organisations, and all of our members through the triennium.

Warmest congratulations to all grantees. It is exciting to see such a
wonderful range of work taking place to support Indigenous languages.

best wishes,
Margaret

--
Resource Network for Linguistic Diversity
www.rnld.org

Directors
Margaret Florey
Nick Thieberger