Australia - The Hoffman Foundation funding

Claire Bowern claire.bowern at yale.edu
Wed Jun 29 09:41:59 UTC 2011

Given that they don't fund:

Individuals
Private schools;
'For-profit' bodies;
Government bodies
Sports clubs;
Political parties or their candidates;
Religious organisations; and
Organisations based outside Australia.

who does that leave? I was thinking that I might suggest this to the
mob up here to promote a master-apprentice, oral history recording
program, or language exhibit  (all things that people have suggested
to me as things they want to work on) but all those activities
wouldn't count under this funding program, and there'd be no one to
administer the funds. Seems like the only group that this doesn't
exclude is other private philanthropic organizations? Or does
'government body' mean just something  like 'government department'??
Claire

--

-----
Claire Bowern