Rate of vocabulary learning (was Re: flashcard player)

Bill Poser billposer2 at gmail.com
Sun May 29 03:55:13 UTC 2011

Sean,

Yes, I'm aware of all those factors, but I'm hoping that people have numbers
for a variety of situations from which one can extrapolate, albeit crudely.
And I'm interested in the whole sequence: sure, in Kindergarten one may not
be able to expect kids to learn a lot of words, but what happens as they go
on?

This kind of information must be available at least for older-fashioned
international language classes where there is a series of textbooks each of
which contains the vocabulary for that year.

Bill